Will You Need to Be In Compliance with EPA’s New Lead Paint Rules?

In February and March, the HBA will be hosting the Lead Safety Renovation Training course locally on six different dates, taught by an EPA accredited training firm. Does this rule affect you? Do you need the training? Does your firm need to be certified? See the Q & A below and for a more full explanation of the rule and its requirements, download information by clicking here. For training course registration form (includes the dates and locations of the scheduled classes) click here.

What Is the Lead-Based Paint Renovation, Repair and Painting Program (RRP)?
• The Lead-Based Paint Renovation, Repair and Painting Program is a federal regulatory program affecting
contractors, property managers, and others who disturb painted surfaces.
• It applies to residential houses, apartments, and child-occupied facilities such as schools and day-care centers built before 1978.
• It includes pre-renovation education requirements as well as training, certification, and work practice
Who Must Follow the 2008 Lead Rule’s Requirements?
In general, anyone who is paid to perform work that disturbs paint in housing and child-occupied facilities built before 1978, this may include, but is not limited to:
-Residential rental property owners/managers
-General contractors
-Special trade contractors, including