Enjoy a slideshow of the diverse array of entries in the 2010 Parade of Homes. You will see some very unique homes in the 2010 HBA Parade of Homes — there’s everything from homes built for active adults with an “empty nest”, to a sustainable modern farmhouse on acreage in Greene County. As well, the area’s first home certified to the ANSI National Green Building Standard will be on Parade this year. In addition to the homes on the Parade, long-time homebuilder A.G. Paul has created a “home” for his dream to bring the Ozarks a quality constructed indoor shooting range.
The Parade of Homes will run the weekends of June 18-20 and June 25-27. Homes are open from 1 pm to 6 pm on those days. Visit the diverse array of quality-built homes on the Parade route this year:
1. MGM Properties – a beautiful lake-front walkout basement home in Silver Fox Estates in Blue Eye.
2. Millstone Custom Homes – a craftsman-style, walkout basement home featuring incredible indoor and outdoor kitchens in the Timbers at Riverdale near Nixa.
3. J. Russell MacLachlan Homes – beautifully appointed home with an active adult open floor plan in picturesque Kelby Creek subdivision just south of Nixa.
4. Fahrlander Custom Homes – the St. Jude Dream Home in Kelby Creek, this is a lovely two-story home with 4 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths. It also offers a media room and a built-in storm shelter.
5. Bussell Building, Inc. – an incredible value at $189,900 in the Richmond subdivision in Nixa, this 4 bedroom/2 bath home is also Energy Star rated.
6. King Built Properties – this European Cottage style home in the Villages at Wicklow is expertly designed and you’ll find stunning craftsmanship in every detail including the custom cabinetry and one-of-a-kind exterior style created with reclaimed materials.
7. Paul Construction – The Sound of Freedom USA Indoor Shooting Range in Ozark built by long-time area home builder A.G. Paul offers an incredible recreational experience for both experienced marksmen and beginners. There is also a retail store and training classes are available on-site.
8. Martin Building & Development – This gorgeous home in a cul-de-sac of Millwood offers everything a family could want including a walkout basement, spacious master suite and a screened-in porch with a view of the 11th hole.
9. King Built Properties – This Spanish Mission style home in San Poppi puts the emphasis on outdoor living with an incredible screened-in outdoor living area with motorized screens and an amazing indoor-outdoor fireplace.
10. MGM Properties – The ultimate family home, this house offers more than 4,000 square feet including a walkout basement with wet bar, 4 bedrooms and 3 baths for $389,900 in Lexington Square.
11. Up-Tyte Construction – This will be the Ozarks’ first home certified to the ANSI National Green Building Standard. Built to the Gold Level, it has an insulated concrete wall system and ground source heating/cooling.
12. Kenson Goff Homes – You’ll be talking about this home — which puts an emphasis on sustainability, minimalist design and reclaimed materials — for a long time to come. A modern farmhouse, it has a wrap-around porch with no pillars to obstruct the view. An ingenious custom louvered exterior shade panel system allows the homeowners to make the most of natural light based on the season.
13. Richland Homes – Located inside Pearson Park, Springfield’s first private all Energy Star subdivision, this 4 bedroom/2 bath home is energy efficient and beautiful.
14. Robbins Custom Homes – This one-story home on a quiet street in Phase 2 of Fawn Valley Estates, offers a unique floor plan with a beautiful open kitchen/great room area. Details like the rustic hickory flooring and granite countertops make this an incredible value at $249,900.
15. Bussell Building, Inc. – Built in Indigo Ridge subdivision, this Energy Star rated home is quality-built with fantastic detail like knotty alder cabinets and granite countertops. A great southwest Springfield area location.
16. Bussell Building, Inc. – This 3 bedroom, 2 bath home in Republic has so many amenities, including hardwood and tile flooring. The price is almost unbelievable, especially when you consider the fact that it is Energy Star rated.
17. MGM Properties – This home in Phase II of the White Oak subdivision in Republic has the quality features you always find in a home built by MGM — arched doorways, tile flooring, Beechwood cabinets — all for $118,900.
Keep watching the HBA’s Parade of Homes blog on SpringfieldHBA.com for video previews of these Parade homes.