National Association of Home Builders Urges Members: Email your Senators and Representative at www.capitolconnect.com/builderlink or call their offices using the NAHB toll-free legislative hotline at 1-866-924-6242.
On Monday, September 29 the House of Representatives failed to pass the bipartisan, carefully-crafted “Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008” by a vote of 205-228 (View the Final Vote Results for Roll Call 674 and see how your Congressional Representative voted.) This legislation would have helped remedy the extreme turmoil and uncertainty currently facing the nation’s financial markets.
With the failure of the House to act, the financial crisis continues. Falling home prices, mounting foreclosures, and a frozen credit market have taken a severe toll on the nation’s economy. As the financial markets struggle, mortgage credit costs are increasing and home builders are finding it more and more difficult to obtain any business credit. By providing a market for troubled mortgage assets, the financial rescue package will restore confidence in global financial markets and allow credit-worthy home buyers, builders and other small businesses access to credit. Once the American finance system is stabilized, we can address the root cause of this financial crisis: the precipitous collapse of home values.
Please take a moment to email your Senators and Representative at www.capitolconnect.com/builderlink or call their offices using the NAHB toll-free legislative hotline at 1-866-924-6242.
- As a member of the home building industry, you support the bipartisan financial rescue package.
- Congress must act immediately to craft new legislation that helps restore stability to the economy.
Note: There are a high volume of calls and email being generated into Congress on this issue. Please be patient as you may have some delays.
Please email questions or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit www.capitolconnect.com/builderlink. If you have not done so already, take a couple of seconds to register on the site, by filling out the registration form on the right-hand side of the screen. Once you’ve registered, simply login by entering your last name and email upon each return to the website.
- Once you are registered, you will be directed to the Hot Topics page. Click on the “take action!” prompt for the financial rescue package. This action will direct you to the text of the letter.
- Review the letter and click on the “take action!” prompt. This action will email your letter to your two Senators and Representative.
1. Call 1-866-924-6242. You will hear a short message describing the message to be sent to Congress.
2. You will then be asked to enter your zip code to be connected to your first U.S. Senate office.
3. When the first call is complete, stay on the line to be connected to your second U.S. Senator and your Representative’s office.
Note: If you get transferred into a voice mailbox, the system will not be able to transfer you into further offices.
Thank you for your help with this grassroots effort!